The cause of a fire at the George and Dragon pub in Graveley has now been revealed.

The Fire and Rescue Service were called at 10.22pm on Wednesday, February 14, to reports of a tumble dryer on fire at the High Street site.

Four fire engines and an aerial ladder platform were rushed to the scene, where firefighters confirmed a fire in a laundry room, on the first floor of the building.

They searched the building to make sure everybody had safely been evacuated, with a police spokesperson confirming that nobody was injured or trapped.

Firefighters tackled the fire, and put it out by 11.35pm. They remained at the pub until shortly after 1am to dampen down the scene.

Herts police had received a call at around 10.30pm to assist the firefighters, and they put in place road closures until around 1am.

Herts Fire and Rescue has now determined the cause of the fire, with a spokesman telling the Comet: "An investigation into the case of the fire found that it started accidentally when an electrical extension lead overheated."